In discussion with the core team at a current client, somehow the idea came up of representing team members and other players involved in transformation by electrical symbols.
- Someone outwardly and obstructively opposed to change (that’s the obvious definition, anyway).
- Someone from whom information/conversation flow is one-way only.
- Business Sponsor, Lead or Visionary.
- Someone who controls flow, or limits velocity (for good or bad?).
- Someone or some process for smoothing out turbulence or variability.
I’m going to play with these ideas–some of you readers will suggest others?–to see if they’re helpful as metaphors for a transformation journey.